Help! In central america, mac won{t start up

Reaction score
Hello good people, I hope you can help me out!

My macbook has been showing the "startup disk nearly full" message, so I have deleted nearly my entire photo collection (which was using about 12gb of space). Funny thing is that the last time I was using iphoto to upload some pics, it crashed. From then on iphoto showed up in finder as using about 30gb of memory, leaving me about 5 free gb. I know you should have at least 10gb free, so I went and deleted a load more photos, but no change to memory usage showed up in finder. Then I restarted and two hours later am still waiting to get the login screen. :eek:

This is a worry as I am in central america for work for another 2 weeks and there isn{t a genius bar within a couple of thousand miles. Any suggestions, or am I doomed until I get back to London?

The macbook is a basic 13" model, 60gb memory, with 2gb of RAM. About 12gb is itunes, 12gb was iphoto (last showing 30gb).

Ask a Question