Having troubles changing the icon of iTunes 10

Reaction score
Hi,

I am running Mac OS X and downloaded iTunes 10, only to find that it had a strange new logo. I have tried to change it but only get this:

156693367-ad029a8f09e92afb43ebdaf54f6227f1.4c82ba58-scaled.png

Now how do i get my old itunes logo onto the app?

Oh and another thing, my iTunes 10 has been skipping through every single song much like a scratched CD, but none of my songs are corrupted. It didn't do that this morning when I had iTunes 9...

Thanks,
Andy

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I just tried the method shown in the first link in my previous post and was able to successfully change the icon back to the previous iTunes version icon.

Did you download the old iTunes.icns file and open your App folder and right click on iTunes and choose "Show Package Contents"?

Then you Option+Drag the new iTunes.icns file to a location other than where you have the older on stored, to copy it, then drag the older iTunes.icn file into the finder window where the iTunes.icn file is that you want to replace.

Then you should see a window asking you whether or not you want to replace the iTunes.icn file with the newer (well it's really the older version) file.

Click yes and then remove the newer iTunes icon from your dock and go to the Applications folder and click on iTunes to launch it ... you should see the newer icon has been replaced with the one you prefer.

Once iTunes has launched, Right-Click on it's Dock icon and choose "Keep In Dock" and you should be good to go ....

Let me know how you get on :)

Reaction score
when I first did this, I didn't copy the original iTunes logo properly that is why I don't have any sort of icon for iTunes. I just dragged the image onto the desktop...no option+drag (facepalm)

So i began to do what you instructed (putting new itunes logo into the resources file) and now I have a resources file filled with a half dozen iTunes logos ranging from the classic one to the new one and none of them are being used.

There is no icon for iTunes....

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
The older style iTunes icon that you put in the:

Applications ~> iTunes ~> (Show Package Contents) ~> Contents ~> Resources

Should still be there ... just do a search of the Resources Folder for "iTunes.icns" and you should be able to locate it.

20100907-rhhx4wxen3ixa5nh1sp25wmprt.jpg

Make sure your Resources window looks just like mine when you do the search ...

Don't worry about the other iTunes icons that live in that file. Don't touch or move them.

You can download the new style iTunes.icn file here:

New iTunes icon

And if need be you can download the older style icon here:

Old iTunes.icns

Other than that, my earlier instructions should help you achieve your goal :)

Ask a Question