Hard drive says it;s full to capicity,but 38G left?

Reaction score
I have a 867mhz powermac G4,1GB sdram,76.4GbHD,osx 10.4.7. The problem is when I go to dump my photo's onto my desktop from my card reader, it's says I have 'nt got enough space left on my hard drive. I go to info on the drive nad it tells me i have 38GB left and 37 used in all I have 76.4 Gb. Then I repair the permissions do a mac janitor clean and sometimes it will work.

I have restarted and then it won't work. I then start to put anything I can onto my External drive 300GB maxtor one touch and then it works. Now Itunes is saying it can't download a certain program because the disk is full? What is going on here? If anyone has some insight? matt

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there Matt and welcome !

what happens if you try and copy the files to the hard drive and not the Desktop ?

Does it give the same results ?

It certainly sounds like a Permisions problem...

Try booting from your Tiger DVD and doing a Repair Disk and then a Repair Permissions...it works better this way.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
I just moved the files directley to the hard drive and not the desk top and it worked fine. Why is this? thanks Ric

Ric

Reaction score
Well, it's an easy way of checking Permissions...

The Permissions for your Desktop folder must be incorrect.

Have you tried repaing permissions whilst booting from the DVD ?

regards

Ric

Ask a Question