Great questions

Reaction score
First off, I apologize for hogging this portion of the forum. But, I believe these questions that someone asked over at everythingiphone.com are great. These were my responses to the poster's questions:

Hello. I will try to answer these questions as best as I can.

1- What were your expectations of the iPhone and did the phone live up to your expectations??

I am on the road a lot and I need to check my college email during the summer. I was glad to see that my special college email account works perfectly with the iPhone. Also, being on the road a lot, I need to be able to check out the web. I may not have wifi or my computer with me. Again, that's why the iPhone was appealing to me. Yes, the phone lived and still lives up to my level of expectations. I demand a lot from my technology and it needs to be reliable. So far, it has been a pleasurable experience.

2- What feature(s) do u enjoy most on the phone??

I really enjoy the full web capabilities and email. I receive lots of attachments from professors that are MS Word. I like the fact I can open them and read them before I get back to my apartment or if I am on vacation away from my laptop. I really like the phone app. It's a strong app and does what I need it to do perfectly - make calls LOL. The iPod portion is really cool. I hope Apple continues to build on these apps and expand the phone's capabilities with the iCal program, and text messaging. For now, they are satisfactory.

3- Have u encountered any problems with the phone?? If so, what types of problems??

I will be honest here, Yes, I had a problem with my first iPhone. The lower section of my screen stopped responding to my touch. I couldn't adjust the iPod volume or tap Map, List, Satellite in Maps. I went to Apple, had a genius look at it, and I got a replacement phone same day. Apple is doing research on the bad phones to improve on their new models - whenever new ones are released. I am still on my second phone after 3 weeks of use and it has been awesome!

4- Do u consider the phone to be a "fad" or a new useful form of technology that will be around for a while??

This question depends on who you ask. It depends on who uses the phone and who said user is all about. Like the iPod, this phone is a fad for sure. It's a status symbol. It makes its user iconic. For example, every time I go out to eat, I whip out my iPhone at the table and check my email, or take a quick call. All the waiters/waitresses all come up to me and say "Is that an iPhone? You have a cool phone!" I like that phone! I want one! Can you show me some of the features?" etc. Seriously, I do at times feel like a celebrity with the iPhone. But, I am a tech freak! I LOVE technology. I depend on it due to my disability. I live on my computer. So I am a person who really utilizes his technology. So for me, it's not a fad. I really hope the phone sticks around for awhile and does not end up like the Newton. I think a lot of people are buying it for the "fad" because, as I said earlier, it is iconic. But in my case, I need it.

5- Did u rush to purchase the phone within the 1st week that it was relased or did you purchase it some time after??

June 29 - 12:00 Noon, I was in line at my local Apple Store in Grand Rapids, MI. I waited 6 hours in line and talked to some really cool people. The people in line were mostly Apple enthusiasts and fellow Mac-Heads. I only bought one phone. I was the first person at my school to own one. So of course, when I went to class the following Monday, EVERYONE wanted to see it, including the professor, who talked about it for 20 minutes in class! :laugh2:

6- Were u aware of any waiting list 4 the phone and were u on any of them??

It was Apple's policy to NOT have nor start any waiting lists for the iPhone, at least from the Apple Retail side. I can't speak for the AT&T Retail side.

7- How much did you purchase the phone for??

I purchased the 8 GB model at my local Apple Store on opening day. So I paid $600. But I bought a case a week later, and I am still purchasing some accessories.

8- Did u consider the phone to be a "must have"? If so, what attracted u 2 the phone 2 make u feel that way??

Yes, it was a "must have" for me because I depend on high standards of technology to get me through my life with my aforementioned disability. But I am also an Apple Mac-Head, enthusiast. The whole functionality of the phone attracted me to it, especially the full web capabilities and the "Desktop Class applications."

These are great questions! Thanks for posting!

Ask a Question