Go

Reaction score
Re: 1.66GHz Intel Core Duo Mac mini Review

Great site!! I have to agree with you that curiosity also rules my wallet. LOL Keep those reviews coming! :)

Ric

Reaction score

Hi Cory,

Very nice !

Gotta love RapidWeaver !

Wheres the 'opening the box pics?' ;-)

(Still no Intel here...Wifeys eyeing up the Black MacBook though !)

regards

Ric

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Thanks!

Yeah, it'll be updated for the next couple of weeks as I put it thru its paces.

Yeah, I love Daniel and the fellas at Realmac...I have done numerous sites with RapidWeaver. Much better than iWeb IMHO.

I was going to do the photos, but that's been done to death...and, I didn't feel like processing all those from my Nikon D1. ;)

Hope you enjoy the ride...

C

Ric

Reaction score

I know what you mean, I do like both, I tend to whip up the site in one or the other and then tweak it in GoLive/Dreamweaver.

Cory said:
and, I didn't feel like processing all those from my Nikon D1

Automator ?

This site was originally created in iWeb then the pics were all redone in Photoshop to speed up loading times...

regards

Ric

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Yes, I usually do a bit of touch-up after in GoLive myself.

Nice site...growing fast, huh?

I would just use the batch capabilities of PS CS2, Bibble, or the like...but, I like to have individual control over each shot. I'd hate to process them all with the same settings. Too much OCD I guess!

Cheers

Reaction score

I am a recent switcher and I love my mac mini intel duo core system.

Ric

Reaction score

alucard said:
I am a recent switcher and I love my mac mini intel duo core system.

Hi there and welcome,

let us know if you need any help !

regards

Ric

Reaction score

My intel Mac Mini dual core is not getting used much as it is attached to the LCD TV upstairs but I use the Powerbook in bed (I have to spend a lot of time in bed.)

So, I am just in the process of selling my Rev A iMac G5 that resides downstairs for when I am downstairs and need to use a computer, and I am going to put the Mac Mini in its place since I have a spare 15inch LCD around somewhere.

Hopefully then it will get used much more :)

A lot of people had problems with the RevA iMac G5's but I must admit, in two years, I have never had a single problem! Been lucky too, getting £600 for it :D

Ric

Reaction score

Funnily enough, my Sisters RevA iMac G5 just blew up...

From diagnosis over the phone it sounded like this...

http://www.apple.com/support/imac/repairextensionprogram/

Her serial number was in the correct range, her warranty had expired, no Applecare !

After a phone call to Apple they diagnosed it the same as me and off it went for repair !

Free of charge !

A few days later apparently, Apple decided it wasn't the same problem and she would have to pay for it !

Unfortunately for Apple they hadn't met my Sister before, they caved and she got it fixed for free !

So the moral is, if you have a RevA iMac G5 get it checked out, follow the link above and see if your serial number is on the list...

Sounds like you got a good price for yours !

regards

Ric

Reaction score

Thanks Ric. I had already checked the serial number when the repair extension program came out. It does not fall into those serial numbers, which may explain why I have not had any issues so far. *fingers crossed*

I don't know why Apple tell the consumer to turn their iMac upside down to find the serial number when it is available by simply clicking the apple on the menu!!!

Once you have clicked the apple, then click "about this mac," and then click the actual words "software version" which then turns into "build" and then click "build" and the serial number is revealed... Much simpler! :)