GB '08 won't open loop browser....

Reaction score
GB won't let me open the loop browser, on ANY project, new or old.
it freezes, then quits.I don't know what's going on. nothing new, no firmware updates...
I located my loops folder, but can't drag it in there... the browser's closed!
i have a G4 OSX Tiger 10.4.11. Everything is updated. I have iLife '08. I tried trashing cache, preferences etc... nada.
Anyone have an idea?
Oh, and it all started a few days ago, when I tried dragging an mp3 from iTunes. Always worked before, this time, the "initializing" bar froze, and the application quit.
I've looked everywhere, can't find an answer so far.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Do you mean that GB will launch fine but when you click on the Loops Browser button it crashes?

When you dragged an mp3 from iTunes, do you mean from the App; iTunes or from the GB Media Browser section?

Try GB out in another user account, create one and maybe call it "Test" or whatever and let us know whether or not GB crashes there too.

Have you ran Disc Utility to repair Permissions?

Exactly what have you trashed so far?

Reaction score
I dragged it from iTunes App.
Ok, I tried a new user, no difference. It launches fine,as usual, but when I click on the eye, nothin'.
Just ran disk utility... nothin'
I trashed the .cs and .plist files in the Preferences in Library. I even got rid of some flashplyer plugins that were created the date it started in case that might have been it... nope. Also, when I click on Garageband.pkg to reinstall, it tells me I can't because I need osx 10.4.9... I have 10.4.11. What's the problem.

Ask a Question