family security

Reaction score
Would someone be willing to share with me how to monitor my daughters activity on web sites? Or explain how I can use security to keep her off unwanted web sites? She know how to delete the cashe and history. Are there other mechanisms that I can use to monitor where she is navigating?

Reaction score
Would someone be willing to share with me how to monitor my daughters activity on web sites? Or explain how I can use security to keep her off unwanted web sites? She know how to delete the cashe and history. Are there other mechanisms that I can use to monitor where she is navigating?

On Mac OS 10.5 you have Parental Controls in System Preferences. Click on it and follow the steps. Never used it but the way Apple does things, should be worth trying it. Otherwise, at home, on PC with Vista, we're using Windows Live Parental Controls. Following this link could help.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/features/parental-controls.aspx

Not very user friendly but somehow efficient to keep track of every visited web sites by a specific user account. Register yourself as a parent, with a Hotmail/Live ID/email and your daughter as a child, with her specific account, and you can see her MSN contact list, web sites visited...

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

put the 'family computer' in the lounge, facing outwards, then everyone can see the screen !
Children 'wiil' find a way round what ever measures you put in place...

regards

Ric

Ask a Question