Extreme - please help me with my internet connection

Reaction score
Hi All

I've had an Extreme for about 4 months. Lost my internet connection last week (due to a problem at the exchange) and have just got back on line.

I decided to reset my network/base station because I had been fiddling with things while trying to get my connection back originally.

Everything looks like it should be working but I can't get a connection to the internet through the base station (at the moment I've got my ethernet cable plugged straight into my laptop). I get a green light on the base station and in my network system preferences I get a green light saying I'm connected to the network which is connected to the internet - but nada!

I've also tried connecting wired from the base station which also doesn't work so I'm guessing my settings there aren't quite right (also can't connect to my x box through an ethernet cable from the base station).

To be honest I've really struggled with this piece of kit. Love it when it works but have always struggled to set it up properly and I'm outside my 90 days cover from Apple now. I stick to Apple products because they normally just work out of the box. Not been the case with the Extreme (for me at least).

Any help would be most gratefully received.

Cheers

Pav

Ask a Question