Error 70103

Reaction score
My work computer is a lovely G4 PowerBook, so I haven't tried to use many of its features before.

However, I try to use the DVD Player and get an initialization error message: -70103

After searching some of the forums, I found a link that approximates this problem (https://www.mac-help.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260&highlight=initialization) but his version of OS X was older (I have 10.4.3) and this fix worked for him.

I'm not exceptionally Mac-savvy...and could really use a hand!

Josh

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Josh,

Sounds like something has gone wrong on the last software update...

has this only happened after the last Software Update ?

If so then...

If you goto this Folder Library-->Receipts there will be a file...

MacOSXUpdate10.4.3.pkg

put this in the trash, restart and then rerun Software update this should then re-download the 10.4.3 update.

Then restart, and try it again...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Ric,

Thanks for the suggestion, which I followed. However, my version still says 10.4.3 and I haven't had the option to download a replacement for the patch from the Library file that i put in the trash. Also, the DVD player still sends that same message.

Anyone with further suggestions? Thanks!

Josh

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Josh,

If Software Update is not seeing anything to download, then try downloading and Installing the Update from here.

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
Any more information would be helpful ?

When did the problem start ?

regards

Ric

Ask a Question