erase junk mail problem

Reaction score
I erase junk mail on a daily basis using the "erase junk mail" from the mailbox dropdown.

Yesterday, for no apparent reason, this action was no longer highlighted i.e. it was in pale grey.

Could someone tell me how I can reinstate it.

thanks

using OSX 10.5.5

Reaction score
I erase junk mail on a daily basis using the "erase junk mail" from the mailbox dropdown.

Yesterday, for no apparent reason, this action was no longer highlighted i.e. it was in pale grey.

Could someone tell me how I can reinstate it.

thanks

using OSX 10.5.5

Hello, was there any junk mail to delete?

Reaction score
Have you tried clicking once on your Junk mail box then clicking once on Mailbox on your menu bar and clicking on Erase Junk Mail?

Reaction score
Yes, that's my standard way of clearing the junk. However a few days ago, and for no apparent reason, the "erase junk mail" in my mailbox appeared as greyscale and does not function.
I am hoping that you can tell me how to restore it to full black text.

Reaction score
At present I am getting rid of my junk mail by first deleting it, which sends it to trash, and then deleting trash. Which is no big deal but I would still like to restore my "erase junk mail" command in mailbox, which remains in greyscale.

Have repaired all permissions.

Reaction score

That could be the cause of the problem. When Leopard came out, people were having the same problem and had to resort to using "move it to the junk mailbox" instead. If indeed this is a bug that's causing this problem, you would think that Apple would have fixed it by now. :)

Reaction score
I think you are right. If I reset my junk preference from "perform custom actions" to "move it to the junk mailbox" then my erase junk mail is restored.

This is a shame because the level of junk now reaching my mailbox has risen hugely and, as you say, you would have thought that Apple would have fixed this by now.

Anyway, thank you very much for helping me out, I appreciate it.

regards

Skrinton
Northamptonshire UK

Ask a Question