Epson Stylus Photo R310 Printing Grayscale

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm sure there is some simple way to fix this problem but I am trying to print a pdf in colour on my printer from preview, but for some reason it keeps printing in grayscale. After a bit of fiddling round I managed to make it print in colour by going Print, Changing the Preview drop down box to Printer Features and changing the colour model to any of the options, I just picked one at random the options are RGB Colour, CMY Colour, CYMK, KCMY, Grayscale or Inverted Grayscale. Its default seems to be grayscale. When I printed the document the colours came out but not the same, I'm assuming I just picked the wrong one, ie, the red came out orange.

Is there some way to make it default to printing in colour & how do I do this?
What is the correct choice for all the above options?

OS X 10.5.2
Epson Stylus Photo R310
Driver: Gutenprint v5.1.3
I also have a HP Laserjet that is the default printer (which prints grayscale)

Might be blindingly obvious but I'm new and still learning the mac way of doing things.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm sure there is some simple way to fix this problem but I am trying to print a pdf in colour on my printer from preview, but for some reason it keeps printing in grayscale. After a bit of fiddling round I managed to make it print in colour by going Print, Changing the Preview drop down box to Printer Features and changing the colour model to any of the options, I just picked one at random the options are RGB Colour, CMY Colour, CYMK, KCMY, Grayscale or Inverted Grayscale. Its default seems to be grayscale. When I printed the document the colours came out but not the same, I'm assuming I just picked the wrong one, ie, the red came out orange.

Is there some way to make it default to printing in colour & how do I do this?
What is the correct choice for all the above options?

OS X 10.5.2
Epson Stylus Photo R310
Driver: Gutenprint v5.1.3
I also have a HP Laserjet that is the default printer (which prints grayscale)

Might be blindingly obvious but I'm new and still learning the mac way of doing things.

Thanks in advance.
Hello, I'm not sure if this will solve your problem but for starters you might want to check the Epson site for updates on your printer. Switching to an Intel Mac running Leopard, I had to update my Epson RX700 recently.

Ask a Question