Entourage constantly updating folders

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a very new Mac user. I had to load up office 2004 as I have an exchange server at work and I need access to all the "stuff" on it. My problem is with Entourage. It got all my mailboxes, etc... I have over 3GB of email on the exchange server and as I would expect, it took a while to download all off that, but not that long I've got 10Mb LAN extension at work and an 8Mb ADSL connection at home where my IMAC is.... but now, Entourage constantly says updating X folder, where X is either inbox, or sent mail, or deleted items or Dec 2001 mail etc etc... it never stops. And even though my inbox is totally up to date, it says it's updating my inbox for like 5 minutes. Normally checking a mailbox for any changes is near instantaneous, so I can' t figure out what it is doing.... My period for checking for new mail is 3 minutes, but I would normally think that this would take a few seconds and then it would go idle. As it is, the little stripey bar is allows active and it is always checking a folder.

Under windoze, with Outlook, this doesn't happen. It checks for email every 3 minutes, takes a few seconds to do so, and finished and says all folders are up to date.

Please help, I've been thru every setting I can find and I can't seem to find anything that improves this.

Thanks

Ask a Question