e mail please help

Reaction score
I have a Imac tiger 10.5, I just transfered all my e mail from my pc to the mac the extention on the e mail is EML it will not open ??? do I have to change the extention if so how?? or is there a nother way also tell me will everthing I bring over from microsoft have this problem thanks Barry

karazelle

Reaction score
The solutions I find are:
- If you have Entourage (the email client in the Office suite), it should deal with them directly.
- If you only need to see the text and don't care about attachments, you can use TextEdit. Open TextEdit and drag the EML file(s) on its icon in the Dock.
- Thunderbird (www.firefox.com), the email app, also reads them properly. It's free.
- http://www.littlemachines.com/ has an app that converts them to Apple Mail format.
- Stuffit Expander www.stuffit.com lets you expand them into text and attachment parts. The tool is free to use for decompressing files, but costs money if you want to use it to make archives.

Ask a Question