duh

Reaction score
I just switched to a G4 ibook for work purposes, running OSX... anyway, i've been using it for several weeks now with no troubles, it was perfectly fine right up to last night before bed. But now today, when i turned it on, all of the recent files and settings have been lost. All of the software is still in tact, but nothing is configured, and all of my music, email, addresses in address book, and pictures are gone. :eek:

I guess I am just hoping that there may be some stupid explanation. I don't think that i did anything to provoke it, and now i can't remember if i'm supposed to make myself look really big and make lots of loud noises, or lay down and play dead...

anything would help.

k.

Reaction score
Hey paulykwil and welcome!

Sorry to hear about your data loss woes. Did you try fixing disk permissions? Go to Applications folder, go to Utilities, and go to Disk Utility. select your disk on the left and click "repair permissions" down at the buttom. Good luck and let us know how it works out for you!

Ask a Question