Drag and Drop Problem

Reaction score
Hi,

Novice user here - so apologies if I'm asking something very obvious.

I'm running 10.4.11 and have recently developed a problem with my drag and drop - I can't.

Icons can't be moved from the desktop. I can't drag images from, for example, Amazon to I Tunes. I can't drag downloaded programmes from the desktop to the applications folder.

I've run disk First Aid from Disc Utilities and the one problem that did exist is now cleared.

Anybody any experience of this?

Thanks.

Neil

Reaction score
Hi,

Novice user here - so apologies if I'm asking something very obvious.

I'm running 10.4.11 and have recently developed a problem with my drag and drop - I can't.

Icons can't be moved from the desktop. I can't drag images from, for example, Amazon to I Tunes. I can't drag downloaded programmes from the desktop to the applications folder.

I've run disk First Aid from Disc Utilities and the one problem that did exist is now cleared.

Anybody any experience of this?

Thanks.

Neil
Try clicking once on your desktop and click the Command-I keys on your keyboard. When the Info window pops up make sure that the "You can" & "Access" are set to Read & Write. :)

Reaction score
THanks Walrus 666 - but no luck I'm afraid as read and write allowed under ownership and permissions.

Neil

Reaction score
THanks Walrus 666 - but no luck I'm afraid as read and write allowed under ownership and permissions.

Neil

How about your Mouse settings in System Preferences? I have my Tracking Speed set on the fourth notch and the Double-Click Speed set on the ninth notch.

Reaction score
I haven't tried another mouse - I'm using wireless at the moment but I think I've got the original wired one somewhere - I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Haven't run any maintenance app's other than Disk First Aid - anything you can recommend - ideally something free or cheap?

I've just run Avast Virus checker but nothing untoward there.

Neil

Reaction score
I haven't tried another mouse - I'm using wireless at the moment but I think I've got the original wired one somewhere - I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Haven't run any maintenance app's other than Disk First Aid - anything you can recommend - ideally something free or cheap?

I've just run Avast Virus checker but nothing untoward there.

Neil

Sure, here's a great free maintenance app.-
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/25902

Reaction score
Thanks again but still no success.

I've downloaded MainMenu 1.7.2 but it requires me to drag the icon to the application folder - which obviously I can't do as this is the core problem.

I've tried copying and pasting but this doesn't seem to work - error code -35.

Any ideas?

Neil

Reaction score
Thanks again but still no success.

I've downloaded MainMenu 1.7.2 but it requires me to drag the icon to the application folder - which obviously I can't do as this is the core problem.

I've tried copying and pasting but this doesn't seem to work - error code -35.

Any ideas?

Neil

Have you tried using a different mouse?

Ask a Question