DMI shuts my computer down!

Reaction score
Hey everybody. Let me preface this by saying this is one of the most retarded things I have ever done and if you laugh at me, well, it's kinda expected...

About four days ago, I sat down with my Powerbook G4 (12in) a glass of wine and a half read book to complete a rough draft due the next day. Most of you already see where this is going, so I'll keep a short. I received a call, my cell phone charger caught the wine glass (which was so intelligently placed right next to my computer) and it toppled (apparently they're top heavy when full, who knew?) all over my keyboard. In a panic, i turned the laptop over, it sort of shut itself down and I took out the battery. I let it dry for the next day, sort of took it apart cleaning any wine I could find and tried to start it up again after 24 hours. It didn't work, but made a bunch of clicking noises, while the caps lock light flickered and speakers made a similar, more computerized version of the noise. Distraught, I let it sit for another night. This morning however, I decided to give it one more go and found it working, much to my surprise (it still smells like wine). Everything works great, except when I try to attach my mini DMI cable to the computer, it immediately comes up with the "Are you sure you want to shut down?" box, then shuts down anyways. Can anyone explain this? Did my wine make its own electrical connection between these two tasks? If I took the computer to an apple store, would they be able to replace the DMI drive (for less than the cost of a computer)? Any and all comments would be very helpful. Thanks.

Reaction score
The fermentation of the wine inside your Mac could be making new and unwanted connections. I'd strongly recommend taking the Mac to an authorized dealer for clean-up.

Ask a Question