.dmg game file not working?????????

Reaction score
when i go online to download a demo for a game the save file menu comes up but the file icon is blank, meaning there is no application or whatever to run it. I checked it out and it seems like all these files SHOULD work with my new mac book pro with OSX. Is there something i need to download to run programs or something i need to do on my computer?????

They are .dmg files and some of the games i tried to download are form the mac website.

Reaction score
tried redownloading them ?
and could you provide some links i\we might want to try and download them for our selfs to see what they do on ppc hardware

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

have you got the '.dmg' files on your Desktop ?

If you double click the '.dmg' file then you should see a new disk icon appear, then the new game can be copied from this disk to your Applications folder on your Hard Disk...

If you can post a screen grab of what you are seeing...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
screen shot of .dmg problem

---->

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 335
Reaction score
click on choose and look for disk mounter see if that helps
it looks like a bog standard firefox download dialog box though i just got the exact same box
and merley clicked save to hd

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

check your Firefox preferences...

It would appear that Firefox is trying to download the file to a locked folder...

These are my settings...

firefox-prefs.jpg

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

Open Disk Utility (Its in the Applications Folder-->Utilities folder) and do a "Repair Permissions" and then reboot and try again.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question