Desktop thread

Reaction score
Here's a snapshot of my desktop :D

Looking at Windows on a stable platform i have to say it's quite nice.

danster-desktop001.jpg

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

:)

It's so small (even on my 22" Cinema,) I only have on there what I use almost every day!!!

Ric

Reaction score
Max Image width is now 400 pixels wide, a bit better than before !

Reaction score
Wow.... that's amazing i mean this website from a G3 laptop :eek:

Also is your screenshot pictured above from the wallstreet?

(why's it called a wallstreet?)

Ric

Reaction score
The Laptop running this website is a G3 "Pismo" 5oomhz, both screenshots above are from the "Pismo".

My "Wallstreet" is sat waiting for me to decide what to do with it, still needs a new screen really !

I tried putting "OSX Server" on it the other day but no go at the minute, it can be upgraded to a G4 chip but I have not costed this yet !

Not sure why either of them have the names they have, just thier pre-production names I think ?

Ric

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

Ric,

Yes, Pismo and Wallstreet are their internal Apple codenames used during development. The original G5 was named Omega or Q37. Same as say Panther, Tiger...except they are now using them publicly for OS X.

Download this great little freeware app for all codenames and specs for everything Apple...

Mactracker

Cory

Ric

Reaction score
Thanks for the link Cory.

I remember having some similar software like this many years ago, an old Filemaker database I think ! Always used to be handy, when putting Ram in, Singles, Pairs which slot first etc...

Can't remember what it was called...

Ric

Reaction score
Well if you have to use a PC from time to time (as I do !), think different !!!!

(artworks not mine, found on web, no name to give the Author credit-if it's your's let me know so I can credit you !)

ric-desktop003.jpg

Ric

Reaction score
This got me thinking...I remember reading about "PearPC".

But never got round to trying it, well here goes will let you know how I get on !!!

OS X on my PC Laptop, here goes nothing...I have backed up before I start haven't I...??

Ric

Reaction score
PearPC install done,

Mac OS X 10.3.5 now running on my Win XP Laptop, cool !!!

Actually seems quite fast, off to play some more !

Trying to sort out network connections for PearPC to access the Internet...

Not sure how practical this will be, but it looks really good, LOL.

ric2-desktop003.jpg

Reaction score
hey ric, i've been trying to get Pearpc to work, but i'm having trouble. i was following a guide on how to do it, but when i get to the command prompt, i can't get pearpc to run. can you help me out?

Ric

Reaction score
Depending on where you have installed:

type in Run:

cmd

This brings up a new window. Then move to your pearPC directory ie cd \pearpc
then type ppc configfilename replace 'configfilename' with the name of your config file.

This should then bring up the boot window...

If you're not sure - let me know and I will put a FAQ-How to in the hints and tips forum.

Ask a Question