Desktop Background

Reaction score
I am stumped as to why I am unable to remove the remaining 4 pictures that I was using for my desktop background. They are not in the pictures folder where the others were found. A search of my hard drive came up with nothing ... the files do have watermarked as part of their name. Where could they possibly be or how can I get rid of them?

I am using Mac OS X Version 10.5.8 on a MacBook. Thanks :)

Reaction score
When I go to change my desktop background, it shows that there are 4 pictures to choose from in my pictures folder. I am able to change my desktop background by selecting any one of them. I am not able to remove the pictures from my picture folder because they are simply not there. Is it possible that they are hidden somehow? :confused:

Reaction score
Harddrive > Library > User Pictures but these aren't yours, normally.

Go messing around in here at your own risk.

Reaction score
Thanks Kaveman but they are not there either. Info on my desktop claims they are in the pictures folder but I sure do not see them. I guess it will have to remain a mystery a little while longer!

Reaction score
open Terminal in your Utilities Folder. Then copy and paste these 2 commands. Copy the first cd Pictures then press return, your prompt should change then do the same to the ls command. This will change to the Pictures Folder , then get a comprehensive list of the files there, paste the results here for me to check.

cd Pictures
ls -alt

Ask a Question