Delete webpage from .MAC servers

Reaction score
Very first post and I'm new to MAC (sure everyone is THRILLED to help...) Recently purchased a Mac Book Pro and I'm amazed at the applications! I've started a website using iWeb.

The very first thing I published was a "Photos" page. I have since deleted that Photos page and replaced it with another. When I publish locally to a folder, I see this new "Photos" page with no problems. But when I publish to the .MAC account, the old "Photos" page comes up instead.

Where is this stored??? How do I delete it? Current workaround is renaming the "Photos" page to "Pictures". This is no good because everywhere else in my site, I refer to a "Photos" page.

Should this question be posted in another thread? I couldn't find any threads on iWeb issues/concerns. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

Have a look in these folders and just throw away the pages you don't want...

delete-iwebpages001.jpg

delete-iwebpages002.jpg

It may be that your cache in Safari just need emptying.

Have you got another Browser that you can view the site in ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Thank you Ric!

Not just a cache issue, checked it on multiple platforms/browsers. I'll try cleaning up the iDisk area tonight (Mac book is at home).

Another question if you don't mind. Formatting of my site looks great with Safari and Firefox, but some things are screwed up with IE. I wouldn't care except some of my family uses IE and they can't view some things correctly.

The main issue is the fact that 'placeholders', where I set the opacity to 0%, still show up using IE.

Any suggestions?

Ric

Reaction score
...Another question if you don't mind.

Hey, where do you think you are !

Oh I forgot...have as many as you want ! Thats what we're here for !

It may be easier for my to look at the site then I can view the "source" code of the HTML...it's easier that way.

You can either send me the address via PM or post it here if you want.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
I just checked my iDisk, and I cannot find a "Photos" HTML page anywhere. I see all of my current HTML pages, but not this old one. Perhaps I should try to republish to .MAC again and see if the problem went away.

Ric

Reaction score
I'll have a go at publishing one myself later and see if I can find the right file for you to delete !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hey Rick...I just changed the page names back to original, published to .MAC, and everything is fine now.

Doesn't explain what happened, but at least I know where to look if it happens again. I bet if I looked at iDisk last night, I would have seen that old "Photos" page sitting there laughing at me.

Thanks for your help...again.

Ask a Question