Delete app from/for single user only

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to delete an app for a single user in a multi-user environment. I want the app to remain installed for the admin account, but for one of the user accounts I would like to remove or hide the app.

Is this even possible, I've not found any information pertaining to this online. If it is possible, how do you do it?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

The only way I know of to hide an app from a single user is to enable Parental Controls on that user. But, that could also limit other things. You can also create an Applications folder in your Home folder and put the application there, but it would only be available to you, not to any other users, and it may not operate/update properly depending on the application.

C

Reaction score
Thanks!

I already have parental controls set, or rather now Screen Time, and the apps are set for 1min each, however to avoid confusion and consternation I'd prefer that they just not show up for this user. I'll see if I can move them to another directory.

Ask a Question