Contacts telephone numbers won't dial

Reaction score
I synched Contacts from my iMac (SnowLeopard) to my iPhone 3GS. When I want to dial a number from Contacts I tap a phone number but this takes me to Mail 'New Message'. his happens for them all.

How do I correct this?

Thanks

Reaction score
That's possible, cheers I'll check. I downloaded the numbers from my Sony Ericsson phone to my iMac via Bluetooth, then merged the duplicates with the contact cards I already had with email addresses.

It's already taken me hours; I've always loved my iMac but am ready to throw my new, never had one before iPhone out the window!

Reaction score
I don't know how well the Sony Ericsson transfers to the iMac, but I'm pretty sure the iMac > iPhone link is good. I think we'd have 40 million people screaming if it wasn't. I'm reminded of the old computer adage: garbage in, garbage out.

It's possible to write an AppleScript to move the details from Email to Phone Number. If you have all of them wrong.

Reaction score
Garbage in = correct!

You're a lifesaver :D Many, many thanks - I've spent about 2 hours trying to find the problem and you've solved it for me.

Like an idiot, the only 2 contacts I'd input incorrectly on my iMac were mine & my partners... and they were the only ones I've been trying the phone out on, as I didn't want to disturb anyone else.

Doh! :frown:

I know I'm not the only one though... as I've seen this question elsewhere too, but without an answer from a lovely person like you.

Now, do I upgrade to ios 5? I think not, for now!

Reaction score
LOL, thanks.

iOS 5 is great and has some great features. iCloud being the greatest. If you have Lion on the iMac, If you have only 1 AppleID that you use for all things Apple (App Stores, MobileMe and iTunes). Then I'd go for the upgrade, else wait...

Reaction score
I've nearly got all of that, just not downloaded the Lion update yet. (And have no idea what mobileme is!)

I'm concerned about the battery issues that seem to occur with iPhone 3GS+IOS 5. Especially as I've only just got the iPhone out of the box.

Ask a Question