Computer screen is going black on me

Reaction score
My mac keeps going black on me and then I can't do anything on it. It'll turn on and then work for like 5 or 10 minutes and then the screen will just turn black. I tryed seeing if was just the dimmer setting and it wasn't. You can still faintly see what is on the screen as well, however not good enough to do anything on it. Sometimes when my computer turns on it'll just start from the black screen as well, it differs everytime I turn it on. Does anyone know what might be wrong with my computer and how I might be able to fix it??

Reaction score
It may be a sleep problem, try these.
The simplest solution for your PB is to use the screen brighten button, F2, to bring the screen back. For some reason, the PB just wakes with brightness set to minimum.

this can happen at times, so reset the pram (CMD-Option-P-R on startup). Shutdown the comp and restart(but hold down CMD-Option-P-R) what it does is resets the pram and then restarts the comp so what you do is hold it down until the computer chimes for the 3rd time and let go.
I hope it helps

Ask a Question