Computer/iMovie question

Reaction score
I have a friend who I am trying to give some tech support to right now. He created a iMovie project in iMovie on his mom's computer which is running OS X 10.2 Jaguar (iMovie version 2). He has transferred the movie and iMovie project file to his new computer with iLife 06 running iMovie HD 6.0.2. His new computer is a 17" iMac Intel running OS X 10.4.6. When he tries to save it, it sits on the save/loading screen. When he quits it, it asks, would you like to save? If he says yes, it crashes. When he tries to use Save As, it goes through all the processing and 10 minutes later, he gets a messag saying that says the file maybe read only, or the disk may be full. We know the latter is not true because he has 100 GB free.

What is going on here? Thanks.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

first thing I would try, Repair Permissions using disk utility.

The fact that these files have come from another Mac, certainly looks like it could be a permissions problem...

Give that a go and see how they get on.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hello Ric

We were able to "work around" the problem. We opened the project using iDVD and "force burned" a DVD of the project. It worked fine. Looks fantastic. I'll tell him to check permissions, when he gets back from vacation of course.

Ask a Question