Command to update macOS without or bypass admin password.

Reaction score
Hello All,

Is there a command to perform a MACOS upgrade by bypassing the password requirement or passing this password securely? If not then can we have MAC's official statement on why it won't proceed without password?

Reaction score
Those are 2 completely different things: bypassing a password requirement and passing one securely. I don’t know how to change settings and bypass the need for a password. Not sure I would want to. Apple spends a great deal of effort making their systems secure. Also, this is not an official Apple forum so if you are curious what Apple’s stance is on security, I would reach out to them directly.

Reaction score
If you can reach out to MAC for this then it will be very helpful. Looking for a command step to update macOS without admin password or bypassing the admin password on Apple-based processor.

Reaction score
Those are 2 completely different things: bypassing a password requirement and passing one securely. I don’t know how to change settings and bypass the need for a password. Not sure I would want to. Apple spends a great deal of effort making their systems secure. Also, this is not an official Apple forum so if you are curious what Apple’s stance is on security, I would reach out to them directly.
If you can reach out to MAC for this then it will be very helpful. Looking for a command step to update macOS without an admin password or bypassing the admin password on an Apple-based processor.

Reaction score
Not sure how to answer this. Since this is your issue and since you feel like Apple should do something about this, you should be the one to reach out to them. This is not an official Apple forum and is manned by volunteers, who are users just like you.

To disable passwords for something as important as updates, is bad security practice. I do not know if this is possible because as a security professional, I am not inconvenienced by IT security settings.

Ask a Question