Changing 'More info' details of mp3s?

Reaction score
I apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum or is a ridiculously basic question, but I'm fairly new to the mac thing.

How do I edit the information in a file under 'more info'?

eg.

moreinfoeg7.png

This is an example of the part I mean, which comes up after I Ctrl-click then select 'get info'. I am a little bit obsessive about having my music organised perfectly so this is driving me slightly mad. Many thanks in advance for your help :smile:

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

Import the song into iTunes if it isn't already in there.

Then command + i on the track (in iTunes), from there you can edit the info.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

Import the song into iTunes if it isn't already in there.

Then command + i on the track (in iTunes), from there you can edit the info.

regards

Ric

Thankyou for the reply, but this seems to only edit the information in iTunes (the actual file retains the same information as before). I wish to edit the information of the file itself so that any time I import it into a new program it recognizes the ID3 tags and organizes the tracks accordingly. I use many different audio programs for different purposes and would like to be able to edit each file in a universal way to save me from having to change the info in each piece of software individually.

I hope this makes sense.

Ask a Question