Change iChat Screen Name?

D

dick

Greets,

How do I change the screen name that iChat displays (MacBook Pro 10.4.7) ? I use neither .Mac nor AIM.

thanks,

dick

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

what type of account have you got ?

You can add jabber accounts into iChat ?

regards

Ric

D

dick

Hi,

I have an expired mac.com account. I'm under the impression that iChat is restricted to Mac (or other iChat accts?) and does not interact with Yahoo1 or AIM.
Am I correct? How does one locate lots of iChat, or Yahoo! or AIM users?

dick

Reaction score
Hey Dick, iChat only supports AIM, .Mac, Jabber, and Bonjour. If you want a program that supports all of those plus Yahoo and many others, I recommend using Adium. You can do a lot more with it than iChat. I only use iChat when I need to video conference. Hope this helps you. You can find Adium here: http://www.adiumx.com/

Searay

Ric

Reaction score
dick said:
Hi,

I have an expired mac.com account. I'm under the impression that iChat is restricted to Mac (or other iChat accts?) and does not interact with Yahoo1 or AIM.
Am I correct? How does one locate lots of iChat, or Yahoo! or AIM users?

dick

Hi Dick,

even though your .mac account has expired you can still use the name etc for iChat just not for any of the other .mac services...

As for locating other 'chatters' then Google is your friend...

regards

Ric

Ask a Question