CD Problems emac running OS 10.3

Reaction score
Help!

Anyone know a cure to this problem:

I have eMac running OS 10.3.9. I recently installed a new digital printer and since then
my CD icon doesn't appear on my desktop and my eject button doesn't work either on the keyboard. I've checked the finder preferences and also tried creating a new user profile in case the old one was corrupt.

Any suggestions?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

Just to make life easier for now, follow this...

eject001.jpg

eject002.jpg

eject003.jpg

Double click on the file "Eject.menu" !

eject004.jpg

This will put a menulet that allows you to eject the disks easily, till we solve the problem.

I'll see what we can do later tonight to fix this, probably just needs a few preference files deleting...

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

Haven't found any 'specific' fixes so far...can I ask what printer/software was installed that broke it ?

When you say you have checked Finder prefs...have you tried throwing away the prefs-restarting and then reselecting the items you want..

Throw this file in the trash and empty, then restart.

/Users/yourUserName/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist

Another thing to try, have you tried running "Repair Permissions" in Disk Utility and then restart ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Thanks Ric

I did repair the permissions in disk utility but no luck.

Will try trashing the pref file tonight.

Cheers

Rob

Reaction score
Hi, I am not sure if this will help, but it is worth a try.

Go to system preferences and under CD/DVD ensure that it has not been set to ignore when you insert a blank CD/DVD and check the other settings too.

More importantly, go to finder, then preferences (on top bar) and under the gneral tab ensure "show these items on desktop" that CD/DVD's is ticked. Then, in the same preferences, under sidebar, ensure that "show these times in sidebar" that removable media is ticked.

Ric

Reaction score
Happyhammer said:
Thanks Ric

I did repair the permissions in disk utility but no luck.

Will try trashing the pref file tonight.

Cheers

Rob

No problem,

let us know if it still doesn't work ?

regards

Ric

Ask a Question