CD Burner sounds like a lawnmower

Reaction score
I have a fairly new macbook (a litte white one, got it in June) and overall I've been pretty pleased with it. I'm just a little concerned about the cd drive. It makes some...interesting...sounds when I insert or eject a cd, but I know other people with the same computer and that seems pretty standard.

Today, though, I tried to burn some pictures to a cd, and it made this awful, lawnmower/airplane sound the entire time. It was pretty loud, and I feel like this probably isn't normal. This is the first time I've tried to burn a cd, so I guess I should try some more and see if it does the same thing. So I guess my question is, is this a sign that there's something I need to get checked out?

Thanks.

Reaction score
I've got sort of the same problem. Once, I was gonna burn a CD, and those weird noises really freaked me out. Solution: Don't try to move or shake your mac, whatsoever, when you've got something in your CD drive.

Ask a Question