Capturing DVD screengrabs...

Ric

Reaction score
Just interested, how do 'you' capture screengrabs from DVD's, this is one thing that is much easier on a PC !

Ric

Reaction score
Should of said before, to those that are unaware you cannot just use command+shift+3 to do a screen grab from Apples DVD player , Apple disabled it because of copyright 'issues'.

Cory, I am currently using VLC Media Player and then Snapz or grab or comand+shift+3.

Have not tried the widget I'll have to give it a go !

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

The widget is free and it has about the same functionality as Snapz Pro X as far as screen grabs.

C

Ric

Reaction score
Have just downloaded the widget very good...now that I'm on my new PB I don't have as much hassle as I did before, must be something to do with the Graphics cards !

Before when 'trying' to capture a screengrab from a DVD using Snapz (and Apple DVD player), it wouldn't work ! It made it sort of translucent, and all off center, not the image/frame that I would see on screen !

Now (before installing capture widget) Snapz works perfectly, captures the exact frame off DVD everytime !!

So unless there was an update to Snapz that has happened without my knowledge...my old PB mustn't of been able to cope !

regards

Ric

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

I am running Snapz Pro X w/Movie Capture 2.0.2.

That's the latest I believe.

C

Ric

Reaction score
Yes thats, the one I'm on, must have been the video ram on old PB.

Ric

Ask a Question