Can't Power Up from Good Battery

Reaction score
I've got a brand new battery for my PowerBook G4. It hold its charge very well and there is nothing wrong with it. Problem is, I cannot power up the PB if it is switched off or even if it is in sleep mode without connecting it to the mains power supply. Interestingly, if in sleep mode, it will power off the moment I lift up the screen and when I do power up the clock has gone back to January 1971. My theory is that an internal clock battery has gone - but does the PowerBook G4 have an internal clock battery?
Thanks in advance for any help or advice offered.
Stewart

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there stewmorr and welcome,

as bluekatt says it probably is your pram battery. Let us know what model Mac you have, and we can help further.

Just out of interest when you pop in your old battery, doe the Mac exhibit the same symptoms ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there stewmorr and welcome,

as bluekatt says it probably is your pram battery. Let us know what model Mac you have, and we can help further.

Just out of interest when you pop in your old battery, doe the Mac exhibit the same symptoms ?

regards

Ric

Hi Ric
Thanks.
I've got a PowerBook G4 15" (Model 5,6) and the Processor is 1.5 GHz PowerPC G4. The old battery is completely and utterly dead but this problem only started after I replaced the old battery which I had continued to use even though I was only getting five to seven minutes of user time out of it.
Stewart

Ask a Question