Can't get rid of Arabic charcters

Reaction score
Once, I looked on-line at Arabic characters. Since then, they show up either expectedly or unexpectedly.

Expectedly: Whenever I share on Facebook, and the window shows up to sign in, the entire page is in Arabic. I do not speak Arabic, but I have figured out where to click to sign in.

Unexpectedly: I downloaded a document (in French) in .pdf format from Scribd. First, I cut and pasted it and put it in Text Edit. Then I cut and pasted it in Pages. At this time, not in Text Edit or the .pdf file, Arabic characters showed up in various places, such as the end of lines.

I am sure this is an easy fix; I am just not geeky enough to figure out what it is.:confused:

Reaction score
I am replying to my own post, since in six days, 65 people have viewed it, and nobody has an answer. Here is some of the Arabic on my Facebook log-in page, maybe this will help.

*ثبت نام

فیس بوک به شما کمک می*کند تا با افرادی که در زندگیتان هستند ارتباط و اشتراک داشته باشید.

فارسی

Here is an example of the Pages file with Arabic characters.

ذ Vous direz à madame Rougon toute la peine que
nous avons éprouvée en la sachant malade... Nous

Et il passa. Deux pas plus loin, il serra la main d’un
général, auquel il demanda des nouvelles de son fils,
qu’il appelait ا mon petit ami Gaston ب ; Gaston avait
l’âge du prince impérial, mais il était déjà beaucoup
plus fort.

Ask a Question