cannot connect to broadband

Reaction score
hi
i recently bought a mac powerbook and want to connect to wanadoo broadband.i admit to knowing absolutely nothing about macs :confused: ......have been using pc with windows xp. anyway it has mac os 9.2. i followed wanadoo instructions but no joy.i rang wanadoo but they were not that great either.can anyone help please....idiots guide please...step by step specifics :eek:
thank u :D

Ric

Reaction score
Hi thanks for joining us,

Can you give us a little more information, how are you physically connecting the mac to the telephone line...
...is it connected via ethernet, USB modem.

Let us know and we will get it connected.

Regards

Ric

In the meantime you can always check out this page, cause I'm off to bed now...
How to connect a Mac to Wanadoo ?

let us know how you get on ?

Reaction score
When I first got my Mac I signed up for Wanadoo broadband and recieved a speedtouch usb modem and a useless CD which said click on icon that should appear on the desktop (never did) so i rang up wanadoo and they walked me through setting it up by configuring the ppp options manually
but, I'm on OSX Panther and I don't know if the network system if different from OS 9.

Ring them up again and ask for all your details I.E DNS servers numbers, account name etc. which I had to key in manually

Do you have any of these options? If so I may be able to help you.

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 734
  • Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 612

Ask a Question