can Macs autorun specified programs on boot up..?

Reaction score
Hi Guys -can anyone tell me how to specify certain programs that my Mac can run automatically when i turn it on? Is there a list somewhere in its register that i can add to?
EG i want it to start Mail, iCal, Address Book every time i start so i can turn it on and come back in 5 mins with a cuppa ready to go!
i know you can do it with crappy Windows so it HAS to be possible with a Mac!!
regards
Bill

Reaction score
There are several ways to do that on a Mac with OS X, but the easiest is to go to the Apple Menu> System Preferences...> Accounts> then select your account and the Login Items tab at the top. Use the + sign at the bottom of the list to navigate to and select the apps you'd like to open. Another way, if the app is already open, you can click and hold the item in The Dock to view a pop-up menu; simply select Open at Login... .

Ric

Reaction score
...and then go to System Preferences-->Energy Saver...

Then click the bottom right hand button 'Schedule'

...and tell your Mac to turn on every morning at (insert your wake up time)am and then your Mac will boot up at 6.55am and will have opened all your Apps in readiness for you !

;-)

Ask a Question