Burning DVD's on a Mac

Reaction score
I hoping someone can help answer this question for me. I have had my G5 iMac for about 3 years, and I haven't been able to burn a dvd on it yet. My question is simple... do you need a dual layer dvd to burn on a Mac? or is there some sort of setting that you can change so that it will accept regular DVD's? I know this is quite a novice question, but it's the only thing that I haven't been able to get clarification on. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Reaction score
A lot of the DVD burners from those years only succeed with DVD-R (not the DVD+R or others) DVDs.

Good luck.

Reaction score
You do move the files onto the DVD first and then push the "Burn" button, don't you?

Reaction score
I usually create a new folder, add the items I want burned to the folder, and then click the burn button from the Finder with that folder highlighted. I have set up my Finder windows to include a Burn button (Finder - View - Customize Toolbar) to make it easier.

If you are burning from inside iPhoto, you select the photos or albums you want, and then click Burn in the Share menu. For iTunes, the Burn Disc is under the File menu.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
are you sure you have a "Superdrive" and not the "Combo" drive? Only the superdrive will biurn dvd's

Reaction score
I hoping someone can help answer this question for me. I have had my G5 iMac for about 3 years, and I haven't been able to burn a dvd on it yet. My question is simple... do you need a dual layer dvd to burn on a Mac? or is there some sort of setting that you can change so that it will accept regular DVD's? I know this is quite a novice question, but it's the only thing that I haven't been able to get clarification on. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Hello Perphected,
What is it that you want to burn to a DVD?:)

Ask a Question