Burning discs on G4

Reaction score
I was just wondering if it is possible to burn a Quicktime file onto a DVD and have that movie play on a PC? I have been trying to get this to work for a while now and I can get some of the discs to work but not others. Is there something I need to do to get this to work more consistently?
Thanks.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi,

Tiger (10.4) To quote Apple
Mac OS X automatically burns CDs that support the cross-platform ISO 9660 standard, which can be read by both Macs and PCs. So you have a simple and cost-effective way to share numerous or extremely large documents. If your Mac has a SuperDrive, you can also burn and share files on a recordable DVD disc. A single DVD-R disc can hold up to 4.7GB of information (almost eight times the capacity of a CD), and a Windows PC with a DVD-ROM drive can read the DVD-R discs.

The problem with this is that, you are burning a "Hybrid" disk...part HFS+ and part ISO...Windows just wants the ISO part...

Let us know what OS you are using and we'll see what we can do...

regards

Ric

Ask a Question