Bootcamp dual boot problems

Reaction score
Hi

I've installed bootcamp from a download, version 1.3, on my macbook running 10.5.3.

Found an initial problem of not having the option of burning a driver disk, trying several times to bring up that option I figured I'd skip it and carry on. Created a drive partition no problems, installed XP SP2, found that I'd not reformatted the drive properly, tried installing XP again formatted the drive to a FAT32 and it worked fine. So I could boot into windows fine, although no drivers. Rebooted into mac to try and get the drivers.

1. I don't have the leopard disk (friend is borrowing it) so don't have drivers on that (that bootcamp suggested).
2. Bootcamp won't burn a driver disk.
3. Google doesn't show anywhere where I can d'l the drivers needed.

But the bigger problem is that now I can't boot into windows, pressing and holding the option key doesn't bring up the bootable options.

Any help would be warmly appreciated.

Josh

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

from memory...Leopard no longer burns a driver disk.

The last one I installed on didn't.

You will need the disk back from your friend.

Can you still boot into OS X ?

Sorry

Ric

Reaction score
Yeah, I worked out what the booting problem was, i was pressing the wrong button.

Thats a shame. I mean for the PC there drivers dotted all over the WWW but for mac?! Why can't there be a d'l page?!

Thanks for your help.

Josh

Reaction score
Yeah, I worked out what the booting problem was, i was pressing the wrong button.

Thats a shame. I mean for the PC there drivers dotted all over the WWW but for mac?! Why can't there be a d'l page?!

Thanks for your help.

Josh

Try the 2.1 XP Boot Camp update I bought a disk & it broke. But burn the drivers from 2.1 Boot camp to a CD then when asked for disk use the CD it just might work.
here is the link http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/application_updates/bootcampupdate21forwindowsxp.html

Thomas

Reaction score
Hi

I've installed bootcamp from a download, version 1.3, on my macbook running 10.5.3.

Found an initial problem of not having the option of burning a driver disk, trying several times to bring up that option I figured I'd skip it and carry on. Created a drive partition no problems, installed XP SP2, found that I'd not reformatted the drive properly, tried installing XP again formatted the drive to a FAT32 and it worked fine. So I could boot into windows fine, although no drivers. Rebooted into mac to try and get the drivers.

1. I don't have the leopard disk (friend is borrowing it) so don't have drivers on that (that bootcamp suggested).
2. Bootcamp won't burn a driver disk.
3. Google doesn't show anywhere where I can d'l the drivers needed.

But the bigger problem is that now I can't boot into windows, pressing and holding the option key doesn't bring up the bootable options.

Any help would be warmly appreciated.

Josh

Try the 2.1 XP Boot Camp update I bought a disk & it broke. But burn the drivers from 2.1 Boot camp to a CD using Toast or free burn (there is a link to free CD DVD burning software then when asked for disk use the CD it just might work.
here is the link http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...windowsxp.html

CD/DVD link http://mac.sofotex.com/Multimedia/CD_Burner/

I bet you should download the 10.5.3 Combo update or the non duel boot it is a much better way I feel then using just update
Best of luck
Thomas

Ask a Question