Bach Problems

Reaction score
iTunes refuses to load all the movements in Bach Partitas. I can see the problem. Track 4 of the E major Partita has Menuet I, II. iTunes sees this as two separate tracks. The result is that it assigns 7 tracks to the Partita instead of 6, then skips track no. 7 of the following sonata before loading tracks 8-14 normally. There are 14 tracks on the CD. How can I persuade iTunes to load track 7 properly (the opening movement of the a minor sonata)

Reaction score
Sounds like the CD pressing isn't correct. iTunes knows nothing about Track names and orders, these are guesses it gets from the Internet.

Rip the Tracks, then go through each once check which piece it is and manually rename it.
you can then submit that and the next person won't have the same problem.

Reaction score
Thanks Kaveman BUT when I play the CD on my Hi-Fi all the tracks are present in their correct order and no tracks are missing, so the CD pressing is fine.

Reaction score
iTunes knows nothing about Track names and orders, these are guesses it gets from the Internet.

Rip the Tracks, then go through each once check which piece it is and manually rename it.
you can then submit that and the next person won't have the same problem.

There are lots of CDs which play fine in CD players but have problems ripping.

Ask a Question