Automator • Checkbox • Folder Structure

Reaction score
Hi Forum,
I need help :)

I created an automator workflow/ service which creates a certain folder structure that I frequently need.
Sometimes I don't need all the folders which my workflow creates. I am looking for a way to make the action
ask me which folders I actually want to create, lieke a dialog or a checkbox for example.
Is there any way to do this with automator?

I hope there is asolution for this.
Thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I am not very experienced with Automator/AppleScript. However, depending on the workflow you created, many Automator actions have the option to show an input dialog when they run. I guess it would depend on how your workflow is setup, and how manual/automated you want it to be.

Also, the folks over at MacScripter may be able to help out.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I am not very experienced with Automator/AppleScript. However, depending on the workflow you created, many Automator actions have the option to show an input dialog when they run. I guess it would depend on how your workflow is setup, and how manual/automated you want it to be.

Also, the folks over at MacScripter may be able to help out.

C

Hi Cory,
thanks for the quick reply. I can make automator to to open a dialog for a folder to be created. But then it stops to create the following folders.
A checkbox at first would be good asking which folders it should create.

Let's say I normally create folders named A, B, C, D, & E
If I had a check box to tell it which ones to create would be nice.

:/

Thanks.

Ask a Question