Automatic Framegrab creator

Reaction score
Hello all!

I have been looking around the net for software that will take framegrabs of avi, mpeg, whatever automatically for me. The only thing I have to do is tell the app how many framegrabs I want then the program will take x amount of framegrabs all spaced out accordingly. If you have something that may help, please let me know ASAP!!!! Thanks so much!!

Cheerio
Searay

Windows has apps that will do that, but I can't find a Mac solution!

Reaction score
I probably could...But I am not sure how to go about it though.

Does anyone have any idea of how to go about this? I have looked in automator and AS and can't figure anything out that seems to work.

Thanks again all! :)

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
Now, I don't know much about Applescript, and even less about what functions various media players (Quicktime, in this case) makes available in their AS dictionaries, but it should be able to:
1) make AS open a dialogue box where you specify the file and number of grabs
2) pass the file off to quicktime to play it
3) asks QT about the length of the file (in seconds, I assume)
4) divide that by the number of grabs to get the length of time between each grab
5) grabs the frame every n'th second, where n is the time between grabs

... someone else will have to write the actual script though since, as I said, I don't know jack about Applescript.

Reaction score
I would like to help and see what I could come up with and if it is possible.

It would help me to have an idea of what you would use it for i.e. Recording movment on the desktop for lessons idea

Reaction score
Thanks for the help LightGear!

Actually, what I need is a program that can take snapshots at equal intervals. What I am trying to do is take FrameGrabs of Simpsons episodes for a website I help run. I need the program to save them as JPEG images not video. Thanks for the input LightGear! I always appreciate it!

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
So basicly it would be like the apple shift 3 or 4 when it gets a screen shot but you would like it to do a bunch with one command

Ric

Reaction score
...I can knock you something up tomorrow !

Maybe we can do it as a little 'tutorial'...

regards

Ric

Ask a Question