Aperture 1.5 on OS X?

Reaction score
First; hello all! Long time Mac user, first time Mac Help poster.

Some time ago I bought Aperture 1.5 (factory sealed and heavily discounted of course). It installed without problem, but when I open the application it says I "cannot use this version of the application with this version of Mac OS X (10.6)". There wouldn't happen to be a way to get it to work without; of course, buying the most recent version of Aperture is there?

Whatever help I can get would be useful, even if it's to tell me there's no way to get it to work. (as it was one of those "eh, it's cheap... why not." type of purchases.)

Reaction score
1.5 is long ago, it's up to 3.2, lots of good updates and fixes. The installer is checking for the right APIs and I doubt you will get it going. You could try installing it on an old Mac and seeing if it will drag copy.

Now that its on the App Store, it very easy to buy and keep up to date.

Reaction score
Thank you! It was worth a shot. Was just curious as I've never used Aperture and have been using a combination of iPhoto and Pixelmator to work on my photos without complaint for sometime now and thought I'd give it a whirl to see if I was missing out on anything... though no doubt the 3.2 version is leaps and bounds slicker than the 1.5 version.

Reaction score
I'm in 2 minds with Aperture, I use it and like it, but iPhoto and Pixelmator is a great combo. Aperture is a lot more work, and iPhoto is now very feature rich. I often find myself pulling groups of photos out of Aperture to do stuff thats quick and easy in iPhoto, like making books. iPhoto is heaps better than Aperture 1.5.

Ask a Question