Any options for sleep light on iMac?

Reaction score
Hello! I'm back again :D I was wondering if there was anything I can do about the light that comes on.. and off.. and on... and off again while my iMac is sleeping? I have a tiny studio apt and my computer desk is right next to my bed, so when I put my iMac to sleep at night it seems like it's SNORING with that light! I have to prop a book up to cover it!

Ric

Reaction score
Hi :) ,

Ahh the 'snoring light'...

Yes I have been there myself, nothing worse than lying there watching your iBook/Powerbook light up the ceiling...

1) throw the last item of clothing over the iBook, before getting into bed !

2) put iBook under bed, doesn't always work, needs option 1 as well !

3) Dim the sreen to zero instead

4) Shutdown

5) Folklore say's " Press the option + command(apple) + eject key all at the same time" this puts your iBook to sleep, and is also meant to make the light dimmer...

6) Move apartment !

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
oops just noticed it's an iMac not an iBook...

will think of some others, LOL.

Ric

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

A piece of electrical tape or a Post-It Note might do the trick. Other than shutting the Mac all the way off, there is no way to disable the pulsing sleep light.

Ric

Reaction score
Hmm,

a big cardboard box turned upside down on string hovering over iMac, string could be activated from your bed to lower the box over the iMac at night...what's the number for the patent office !

As Cory suggested some electrical tape stuck over the light or shutdown or one of these, nice !

Ask a Question