Airport express gurus - helps needed!

Reaction score
Hi there,

i've noticed there have been some very constructive answers to questions about airport express. Mine has given me no end of problems, and now seems to quitted working altogether- would be really grateful for some suggestions...

Here's the problem-

I have an airport express hooked up to my hifi, with the idea of running airtunes. Although i've had the system playing fine for a few days in the past, it keeps dropping out, and the 'which speakers?' menu in Itunes vanishes.

The last time came when i briefly had to disconnect the modem from our landline. When i plugged in again, airport express access had gone.

In the past, by reconfiguring the airport express (with the airport setup wizard) a few times i managed to get it working again, but this time even that isn't working. When setup wizard tries to 'scan' for devices, the setup wizard can't 'see' my express, and comes up with no devices.

Any suggestions?

The airport express itself looks happy- solid green light is showing. My modem is also functioning fine, streaming me good broadband to write this message.

I've also gone into the 'airport admin utility' (on the suggestion of someone on this board, the guy with the english flag avatar?). That hasn't produced much of a result either. I end up at a window asking me 'select base station'. There are none listed to select - ie it cannot recognise the airport express.

I'm using a Powerbook4,3 on OS X. My modem is a netgear one.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

First thing, write down all your settings and then try a Reset.

Then allow the wizard to set it up again !

If this doesn't work then it may be a hardware fault...

Sorry. But it is possible for all the 'other' bits on an Airport Express to still work and the 'streaming' hardware to fail.

Is the Airport Express still under warranty ?

regards

Ric

Ask a Question