Adobe Reader for 10.4.6

D

dick

Greetings!

I am aware that Preview (MacBook pro 10.4.6) will open .pdf files. However, one seems to have fewer capabilities with Preview than with Adobe Reader (7.0.8).

How does one get Adobe Reader to open a .pdf document instead of having Preview open it?

Thanks,

dick

Ric

Reaction score
dick said:
Greetings!

I am aware that Preview (MacBook pro 10.4.6) will open .pdf files. However, one seems to have fewer capabilities with Preview than with Adobe Reader (7.0.8).

How does one get Adobe Reader to open a .pdf document instead of having Preview open it?

Thanks,

dick

Hi dick,

I think zeyhra has missread your question...

The simplest way to open all .pdf files in Acrobat is to control click on it and this will give you a list of alternatives...if you have Acrobat you can then select that and open it.

If you would like to do it, so that whenever you double clicked on a pdf it always opened in Acrobat you can do it like this...

command + i on any .pdf file...

this will then look like this...

changepdf001.jpg

Click on the drop down 'open with'

If Acrobat Reader is in the list select it...if it isn't then select other and navigate top it.

changepdf002.jpg

Once you have selected your App, then click on the 'change all' button below it.

changepdf003.jpg

This will then you give you another dialog which you can OK.

changepdf004.jpg

Now all .pdf's when double clicked will open in Acrobat Reader.

To change it back do the above but select "Preview" as the App.

regards

Ric

D

dick

Thanks zeyhra for your response to my .pdf question. And to Ric -- thank you for that very detailed response...I'll have to do the sequence again 'cuz the 'Change All' step didn't take...I probably missed something.
Thanks again,
dick

Ask a Question