Adobe Reader as Default Reader?

Reaction score
Hi --

I can't seem to get Abode Reader to be the default reader for PDF files; no matter what I do, my machine uses Preview as the default. Any ideas how to fix this? I've tried highlighting the file on the desktop, going to "Finder -> File -> Get Info -> Open With, and switching it that way, but no luck. (I've asked a couple of people how to deal with this, and they all say they have the same problem -- Preview seems to just sort of stomp on everything.)

I'm using a MacBook running v. 10.4.10. Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi --

I can't seem to get Abode Reader to be the default reader for PDF files; no matter what I do, my machine uses Preview as the default. Any ideas how to fix this? I've tried highlighting the file on the desktop, going to "Finder -> File -> Get Info -> Open With, and switching it that way, but no luck. (I've asked a couple of people how to deal with this, and they all say they have the same problem -- Preview seems to just sort of stomp on everything.)

I'm using a MacBook running v. 10.4.10. Thanks!

You are doing the right thing by going to get info, and changing the app. Follow up by hitting the "Change All" button underneath the apps list and that should do it for all PDFs.

J

Ask a Question