Add to dock

Reaction score
Have a very BASIC ? I gave my elderly mother an ibook. Somehow she lost the Safari icon in the dock. We don't live together and I'm having trouble figuring out how to get it back while instructing her on the phone. I'm not too adept on macs. Can anyone help?

Reaction score
To add an application to the dock (or back to the dock), have your mother navigate to the Applications folder on the iBook and scroll down to Safari. At this point you have 2 choices depending on what she would be more comfortable doing: 1-She can double click Safari to launch it at which point it'll show up in the dock where she can control-click on it to pull up a menu where she can choose "Keep in Dock" or 2-She can click and drag Safari to her dock, not releasing from the drag until it is positioned where she wants it to be in the dock (other icons in the dock will move around to accommodate the icon being added). It can be positioned any where in the dock she likes as long as it's to the left (or above) the separator line by the trash can.

Ask a Question