Active desktop for the Mac...

Ric

Reaction score
Found this and thought it was good...Have a look at the pics.

WebDesktop layers a web browser over your Mac OS X desktop.
Any standard web page can be displayed. WebDesktop uses WebKit, Apple's HTML rendering engine from Safari, so web pages should appear exactly as they do in Safari, including such advanced features as CSS and Flash. But on your desktop.

Bringing WebDesktop to the front allows full interaction with the page, including scrolling, navigation, and form input.

In WebDesktop's preferences, you can specify an automatic refresh interval so that the page on your desktop is reloaded every minute, every 5 minutes, every hour, etc... This is useful for keeping up to date with pages that update frequently.

WebDesktop

Attachments

• screenGrab.1.jpg
    screenGrab.1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 668
  • screenGrab.jpg
    screenGrab.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 629
Reaction score
Cool! I am going to make a flash into my desktop when i get to my other computer with dreamweaver on it!

Ric

Reaction score
Very nice !

You'll have to post a screen grab here to show us what it looks like !

(eats quite a lot of processor/graphics power)

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Its runs ok but the videos a little chopey and crappie but still fine and cool and i am doing this fine while its playing. I use a 1.25 GHz mac mini with panther.
I dont know how to take pictures of the desktop and this is the flash i used http://www.weebls-stuff.com/wab/anywhere/ How do I take pictures of it?

Reaction score
OK heres the pics I cant really do too much stuff when its running but I have a mac mini.

Ask a Question