A Question I Hope Someone Can Answer

Reaction score
Okay...this may sound a little silly, but, then again, my Mom always told me the only stupid question is the one that's never asked. So, here goes.

Okay...I have an XBOX, and I have a wireless controller for it, that is Blue Tooth capable, or compatible, or some other such nonsense...It says something about Blue Tooth in the pamphlet. So, my question is: Should I be able to use it with my Mac if I have a Blue Tooth module plugged in? I just wanna be able to use a gamepad...

Reaction score
Hello MacSpeedRacer and Welcome!

First off, you have a sweet avatar for yourself!! I love that electrified look!

What Mac do you have? What OS?

If you go to your bluetooth icon in the upper right corner and turn it on, click on Setup bluetooth device... and search for any device. That would be your best shot. I am not sure if it will work or not, but give it a try. Let us know how it works out for you.

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
Thanks! You have a pretty sweet avatar, yourself.
Well, see, i don't have bluetooth just yet...I'm trying to figure out if it would work. I'm extremely new to the concept of bluetooth, and I'm learning the new OS. Last time I used a Mac, it had OS/2 on it...

As for my Mac, and OS, I'm packing an eMac running OS X 10.2.8, Build 6R73.
I doubt the build has much to do with anything, but...

Thank you for the advice. I really do appreciate it.

Reaction score
Hello again

Ok, thanks for the specs. Unfortunately, I joined the Mac community with Tiger. So I don't know Jaguar that well. And to be honest, it would be a hit or miss. Either it will work or it won't. The only problem I can foresee is a driver problem. There may not be the necessary drivers on the computer and I am not sure if your controller would work or not. It's really hard to say when we don't have "hands on" your system. Sorry I can't be more help. Maybe someone with more experience with Jaguar can step in here.

Cheerio
Searay

Ask a Question