24 inch imac monitor brightness

Reaction score
I am a professional photographer making the switch to macs and my new Imac is way too bright. Does anyone have a solution on calibration. I have used the spider without sucess. Turning down the brightness is not enough.

Thanks,

Dane

Reaction score
Hi Dane and welcome
Have you tried the system preferences, on the drop-down menu under the blue apple select displays there are numerous preset calibration solutions also you can self calibrate your own monitor as you see it. I hope this is of help to you

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
I have tried them all and its just too bright. There are some threads regarding this in the apple support pages but I have not had any help yet from any one there. There must not be in any pro photographers using this thing.

Dane

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
During your calibration with the Spyder, there should be a step to set brightness. I am surprised that even if you adjust this, it's still too bright.

You could also set the target gamma point to 2.0 or 2.2 instead of the default Mac 1.8

C

Ask a Question