2 macbook pros and iphone hacked

Reaction score
hi guys, I am posting on behalf of my wife who has had some pretty nasty hacking going on. she cannot post on the forum as all of her devices are currently inoperable due to someone tampering with them. it all started with a MacBook displaying symptoms a lot like the thunderbolt 2 exploit where it stops at the load screen and no amount of reinstalling the os helps etc. she decided to scrap the computer and get a current MacBook only to have what seems to be basically a shell over the real os and the computer seems to have a mind of it's own. she has also had 3 android phones and most recently a brand new iphone do the same thing. I am on PC and have had no such trouble with any of my devices so it really seems targeted at her seeing as my system should be more vulnerable. We aren't sure what to do about it at this point, any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
… she decided to scrap the computer and get a current MacBook only to have what seems to be basically a shell over the real os …

Please provide as much info about how the new MacBook's Operating System was installed & by whom. Also what was transferred over from the older Mac if applicable.

… and the computer seems to have a mind of it's own …

Please provide as much info about the above … then we'll see what we can do to help.

Reaction score
the os was what came installed from the mac store, nothing was transferred over from the old mac. I told her it was basically a toxic computer now and to not boot it up anymore or transfer anything from it.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I would suggest you take it back to the Mac Store to let them see first hand what is happening. It's very difficult to advise going on what you've described & without direct access to the mac, regarding what steps you need to take to rectify this issue.

Ask a Question